Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Replacements

When I tell people I'm Vegetarian and semi-Vegan most people say "Well, what do you eat?" This allways cracks me up because most people think that all Vegetarians and Vegans eat is salad and celery but there are so many meat replacers, milk substitutes, and even butter that is not made from dairy! You can pick any food and there is a Vegan replacement for it, like turkey if you are vegan you get Tofurky (It's amazing!). For butter, EarthBalance. For sausage, Get Lean, the list goes on forever! I'm not saying you have to replace EVERY single thing in your diet but maybe instead of using milk for a recipe use Almond milk, you can't even tell and its a good source of calcium and tons of vitamins! So, no I dont eat just salad. <3

1 comment:

  1. You're so right! Especially these days there are soooo many meatless or dairy-less choices out there. We were vegetarian for about 15 years and it always amazed me that people thought vegetarians ate ONLY vegetables! I remember once when my mom came from Illinois up here to Minnesota to visit after we had gone strictly vegetarian. Her comment about the food? "I knew it would be different, but I didn't expect it to be so good!" Just goes to show ya!!

    ReplyDelete